FSSAI Food Safety License Registration Procedures and Process in India
FSSAI Food Safety License Registration Procedures and Process in India - We will obtain all information about our clients Nature of business and whether they required Registration or license.APPLY FOR LICENSE
FSSAI Registration Procedures and Process
1. Obtaining Information:- We will obtain all information about our clients Nature of business and whether they required Registration or license.
2. Collecting Documents:- In this stage we will collect all required documents for filing fssai registration or license.
3. Drafting of Application:- We will draft your application based on your documents and information .
4. Filing of Application:- After drafting Application we will send you for confirmation. Once it is approved we will go head with final submission of Application.
5. Getting the fssai License or Registration:- Once the process of the application completed by the Fssai. The Food officer or Designated officer will issue certificate to the FBO.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
FSSAI Stands for “Food Safety and Standard Authority of India. FSSAI is an Independent organization under the Ministry of Health. FSSAI Registration is mandatory for every individuals or entity that is eligible for an FSSAI food safety Registration or License.
Maintaining the food quality levels in order to ensure safety and providing satisfaction to every consumer is the aim of every Food Business Operator. Food safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI Registration) plays an important role in formulating the controlling procedures.
There are 4 steps including fssai license registration procedure that are following:-
- Selection of kind of business
- Selection of food category
- Selection of type of license
- Issue of certificate
Common documents required for obtaining FSSAI registration:-
- FSSAI declaration
- Photo Identity of FBO
- Proof of possession of premises (eg. Rental Agreement )
- Partnership Deed / Certificate of Incorporation / Articles of Association etc.
- List of food products to be dealt with.
- Food safety management system plan
Basic registration: It includes business having turnover up to 12 lakh in a year
State license: business having turnover between 12 lakh to 20 cr in a year comes under state license
Central license: business having turnover above 20 cr comes under central license, any business doing export and import also come under central license
To continue the business it is required to be renewed before the expiry of the FSSAI License validity. If your food license expiry is keeping close stay attentive and remember you have to apply 30 days prior to the FSSAI License or registration Expiry date.
It is mandatory for the following individuals or entities to obtain FSSAI Registration or License as per the rules and regulation of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006:
- All types of Food Manufacturers
- Food Packaging unit
- Food Storage unit
- Wholesale food business operators
- Food Traders
- Online Food Business Operator
- Caters or Hotel
It is related to the FSSAI Department it works to farming rules regarding the food related articles and completion of the policies. It also provide the technical and scientific support to the central government regarding the food related articles and it act as collection of the food related data consumption with general consciousness about the Food Standards and Food Safety.
The FSSAI license number is a 14 digit number which provides the information about the manufacturer license FSSAI number provides the registration details FSSAI logo will be displayed by the brand owner with his license number on the label of the food package. The importer shall display FSSAI logo and license number along with the name and address of the importer in the case of the imported food product.
FSSAI has extended its scope to include the applications of e-commerce food services. This category includes delivery services such as Uber Eats, Swiggy and Zomato and online grocery stores such as amazon, Big Basket, etc. Of late, the food e-commerce sector has grown tremendously. As these platforms operate widely, it is important for these services to ensure compliance with FSSAI.
One we submitted application for basic registration , state license or central license with proper documents as per FSSAI norms and regulations inspector will verify all the documents after that our application will approve.
If any mistakes in the application the concerned food officer will send back the application for editing with the Reason. After that we want to clarify and submit if any further documents required. Then Application will get approved.
- Only Merchant Exporter can file Quarterly annual report through online system
- FBO manufacturing Milk and/or Milk products shall file half yearly return in the Form D-2 and submit it manually to the to the concerned Central/State licensing Authority for the periods 1st April to 30th September and 1st October to 31st March of every financial within a month from the end of the period
- (Manufacturers and Importers) have to file Annual Return (Form D-1) and submit it manually to the concerned Central/State licensing Authority on or before 31st May of each year for each class of food handled by him during the previous financial year.
- Registrations are granted to small or petty FBOs whose annual turn- over does not exceed Rs. 12 lakhs
- Registrations are granted by the Registering Authority who may be Designated Officer/ Food Safety Officer or any official in Panchayat, Municipal Corporation or any other local body or Panchayat in an area, notified by the State Food Safety Commissioner
- Documents required while applying for a Registration:-
- Application in Schedule-1
- Fees @Rs. 100/- per annum
- Address proof (Government documents like Voter ID card)
- Photograph of applicant
- Registration Card should be exhibited at a prominent place of business premise.
Food Business Operator operating in more than two States has to get Central License for its registered Office/ Head Office and separate license/ Registration for each units depending upon the capacity/ turnover from the concerned State/ Central Licensing Authority.
FSSAI license/Registration for food premises under Railways are issued by the Railways Designated Officers/FSO notified by Food Authority from time to time.
FSSAI license for food premises in Airport/Seaport are issues by APHO/PHO notified by Food Authority from time to time through Online FLRS system
Licensing Officer can reject the application in the case when the required information is not provided within the stipulated time of 30 days
Any change that alters the information contained in the license certificate (Form C) shall apply for modification of license with the fee equivalent to one year license fee. No fee is required for modification of non Form C details.
An importer cannot submit another application with same IEC code that he has already submitted until and unless he deletes the incomplete/application already submitted
Consumers can connect to FSSAI through various channels. Consumers can register their complaints and feedbacks about food safety issues related to adulterated food, unsafe food, substandard food, labelling defects in food and misleading claims & advertisements related to various food products.
Dairy units including chilling units- handle or process more than 50,000
litres of liquid milk per day or 2500MT of milk solid per annum.
Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit having installed capacity more than 2 MT per day.
All slaughter houses equipped to slaughter more than 50 large animals or 150 or more small animals including sheep and goats or 1000 or more poultry birds per day.
Meat processing units equipped to handle or process more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
All food processing units other than mentioned under (a) to (d) including relabellers and repackers having installed capacity more than 2 MT/day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
100 % Export Oriented Units.
All Importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use.
All food business operators manufacture any article of food containing ingredients or substances or using technologies or processes or combination thereof whose safety has not been established through these regulations or which do not have a history of safe use or food containing ingredients which are being introduced for the first time into the country.
Food Business Operator operating in two or more states.
Food catering services in establishments and units under Central government
Agencies like Railways, Air and airport, Seaport, Defence etc.
Storage units other than those having controlled atmosphere and cold environment having capacity of more than 50,000 MT.
Cold or Refrigerated Storage having capacity of more than 10,000 MT. Controlled Atmosphere + Cold Storage having capacity of more than 1,000 MT.
Wholesalers having turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
Retailers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Distributors having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Suppliers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Caterers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Hotels – Five Star & Above.
Restaurants having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Transporters having more than 100 vehicles or turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
Marketers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
Who Need FSSAI Food Safety License
The primary step for FSSAI Food safety Registration and Licensing is identifying the nature of business structure. There are various kinds of business like Manufacturer, Repacker, Retailer, Distributer, Supplier, Marketer, Importer, Exporter, Ecommerce, Wholesaler, Restaurant, Canteen, Mess, Food vending establishment, Food vending agencies, Petty Retailer for Tea and Snacks.